Student Placement
Change of Address
It is critical to keep your residential address information up-to-date so you can receive important correspondence about your student from CMS and so your school has accurate emergency contact information. An incorrect address could potentially affect a student’s school assignment, bus transportation, and eligibility to participate in athletics.
In order to change your address, you should:
  1. Complete a change of address form at your current school (available below). Middle and high school students must change their address at their current school so the current school can complete the official withdrawal process; assigning grades, collecting textbooks, clearing lockers, etc. The change of address form will provide information about assignment options and transportation implications.

  2. Provide two proofs of residency for the new address to your current school.
Your current school will process the request and update the student’s record. Once the student’s record has been changed the student may report to the new school to enroll and register, if necessary.

After the student has enrolled and registered with the new school, transportation changes will become effective, if applicable.

Please note that request for transportation alternate stops must be resubmitted when a student has a change of address.

Resource Downloads

Address Change Form, English_Fillable.pdf

Address Change Form, Spanish_Fillable.pdf

P.O. Box 30035
Charlotte, NC 28230-0035
Phone: 980-343-3000
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website ( is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any website accessibility concerns may be brought via the following, Email the Web Accessibility Team at WebAccessibility or Call: 980.343.0115. In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities, may be referred to the District's Title IX Coordinator at titleixcoordinator or to the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Education.