English • Español • Français • Português • नेपाली • ဗမာ • Tiếng Việt
Bus routes will be created for the CMS phased return to in-person instruction. Stay tuned for updates in the coming days and weeks.
CMS transportation department employs over 1,450 staff members to support transportation of CMS students. Our transportation services consist of an operations division comprised of 14 transportation areas, a full turn-key maintenance division, a safety and training operation, a routing and scheduling division and central office support staff.
The app will be ready for use as we welcome students back on February 15, 2021. Bus stops and times change with each phase of the return-to-school plan, preventing the app from providing accurate, up-to-date information for students and families. The app will be available for the full return in February. We appreciate the patience of our families and ask them to please remember to complete the bus attestation form each week their child is in school, ensure that their students are wearing on buses, and keep students at home if they are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms.
We appreciate the patience of our families and ask them to please remember the following as we welcome students back to school:
· Complete the bus attestation form each week their child is in school and give the form to the bus driver as students board in the morning. The form is only needed once per week.
· Ensure that their students are wearing masks as they board the bus each morning and afternoon.
· Follow the directions of the bus drivers for seat assignments. (Elementary bus runs may have two students per seat, while middle/high school bus runs will only have one student per seat.
· Buses will be properly sanitized twice daily – once after the morning route, and once after the evening route.
· Bus drivers will be equipped with proper PPE, including some disposable masks for students. Drivers will instruct students to wear their masks while riding the bus.
· As always, please contact your area transportation office for additional information. A contact list is available on the left side of our transportation homepage by clicking “Area Offices”.
"To continuously enhance the CMS learning environment by providing leading-edge services that support academic achievement."
“To relentlessly provide services and facilities where students and staff can be safe and successful.”
"I just want to pass on what a great driver we have in our neighborhood. S992 going to Beverly Woods. (I knew her name last year and I?m embarrassed to ask her since I forgot). She is so kind with the kids in what has to be an often thankless job. My kids both left their jackets on the bus last week and she remembered and got them to me this morning. Her safe driving and thoughtfulness makes this mom feel so good about sending little ones off to school.
Thank you! Kristen