School Nutrition Services
Meal Prices
Fruit and Veggies Header Page.jpg

Pre-K StudentsFree$2.50$.60
K-8 StudentsFree$2.75$.60
9-12 StudentsFree$3.00$.60
A La Carte *See BelowA La Carte *See Below$.60

A La Carte Lunch Prices

Premium Entree (HS only)$2.50
Entree Salad / Entree Parfait$2.50
Hot Entree
Roll / Breadstick$.50
Side of Rice / LoMein$.75
Side of Vegetable / Fruit$.75

Extra Item Prices

Smart Snacks

Smart Snacks in School.jpg
Brownies & Pudding Cup$.75
Chips & Snacks$.50 - $1.25
$.25 - $.50
Fruit Snacks$.75
Grain/Cereal Bars and Pop-Tarts$.75
Ice Cream$.75 - $1.00
Mini Rice Krispies Treat$.25
Yogurt (4 oz.)$.50
Yogurt (8 oz.)$1.00

Smart Beverages

Milk Carton (1/2 pint)$.60
16 oz. Bottled Water (CMS)
20 oz. Bottled Water (MS & HS Only)$1.00
8 oz. Bottled 100% Fruit Juice$1.00
10 oz. Canned 100% Fruit Juice (HS Only)$1.25
10 oz. Assorted Beverage (HS Only)$1.50 -  $3.00

*High School Only:

All students in non-CEP schools must have an approved meal application, cash, or money on account to make meal purchases. Procedures are in place for students who do not have money to receive a complete meal for PreK, Elementary, & Middle Schools. The price of the meal is charged to the student's account. Parents will be notified of balances due and are responsible for payment. High School Students are not allowed to go into the negative to purchase any food items. There is a "no charge" policy in high schools.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or 

(3)        email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Visit us on the web at All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.

P.O. Box 30035
Charlotte, NC 28230-0035
Phone: 980-343-3000
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website ( is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any website accessibility concerns may be brought via the following, Email the Web Accessibility Team at WebAccessibility or Call: 980.343.0115. In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities, may be referred to the District's Title IX Coordinator at titleixcoordinator or to the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Education.